The Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre is proudly managed and operated by Cessnock City Council, who adopted a Copyright Policy in November 2018.
Council will not reproduce any work protected by copyright without either a copyright licence or express authority to Council from the copyright owner regardless of it being in print, video or digital form.
Council respects the copyrights of others and has made it a priority to ensure all Council Officials comply with copyright law and adhere to Council’s Copyright Policy and Protocol. Media including graphics, audio, or visual including photography, are automatically protected by copyright under Australian law. Copyright also protects unpublished works.
- Any person who completes this form on behalf of a business(es) warrants that they have the appropriate permissions and/ or ownership status of the Media copyright.
- By providing the Media to the Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre the person is providing express permission to Cessnock City Council to use the information and intellectual property.
- Copyright materials include all Media, whether comprising written form, video, graphics, and photographs as supplied by the business.
- The Media copyright is made available to be utilised by the Cessnock City Council for the ongoing promotion of Cessnock local government area and the Hunter Valley.
- When providing information and Media to the Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre, the business(es)
acknowledge that the Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre and Cessnock City Council cannot be responsible for verifying the accuracy of such information or for enforcing compliance by the business(es) with all relevant laws. As such, business(es) shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre and Cessnock City Council from and against all claims, demands, damages, actions, proceedings, judgements, costs and accounts whatsoever brought, prosecuted or made against the business(es) in relation to:
- The use or provision, display or publication of information provided to the Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre by or on behalf of the business(es);
- The failure of the business(es) to comply to relevant laws or regulations;
- Negligent or deliberate acts or omissions by the business(es);
- The failure of the business(es) with any contract for the supply of accommodation, service or product to third parties.