An easy 1km walk that takes in the historic buildings and surrounds of Wollombi. A map is available at the Wollombi Museum. You can also enjoy a gentle walk that follows the Wollombi Brook, beginnning at the Wollombi road west of cemetery (sign posted).
Wander around the historical village of Wollombi.
1. St John’s Anglican Church – Foundation stone laid 1846, Consecrated 1849 by Bishop Tyrrell.
2. Wollombi Tavern – a wine saloon that has traded since 1868.
3. Endeavour Museum – original site of the timber court house and lockup – has also been used as a police station.
4. Police Residence – Wollombi has a continuous police establishment since the 1850’s.
5. The Forge – site of a blacksmith and wagon builder who operated from 1870’s – 1930’s.
6. St Michael’s Catholic Church – built at Cunneen’s Bridge in 1840, relocated to this site after the flood of 1893. Featuring gothic style doors and windows.
7. Former Overland Telegraph Office – Post Office established 1839, and telegraph office 1860. Two offices combined in 1882.
8. Wollombi Cottage – dates back to 1840 through to have been the Clerk of Petty Sessions Building.
9. Wollombi Store – the original store to supply the township and surrounds.
10. Kenny’s Folly – Built around 1890m the two storey stone building was later leased to Gordon Edgell of Edgell’s canned food fame.
11. The Old Barn – the present building was originally the local hall.
12. Wollombi Cemetery – consecreted by Bishop Tyrrell in 1849, behind the cemetery is the mill pond. A flour mill was used to grind the wheat. The twin gabled roof of Wollombi House can be viewed from here.
13. Wollombi School – built in 1881.
14. Picnic Table – overlooking the mill pond.
15. Flour Mill – originally stood on opposite side of mill pond to the cemetery, powered by horses turning a capstan, later replaced by a steam engine. Burned down in 1904.
16. ANZAC Reserve – an ANZAC monument is observed.
Download the brochure: http://www.touristdrive33.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/wollombi-walk.pdf