Tucked away in mystical Wollombi Valley, Mulla Villa Farm gives you the best of both worlds. We offer the history of the nineteenth century with the luxury of today. The buildings on the property include the Mulla Villa homestead and the original dairy which was constructed later in the 1900’s. The dairy is now used as the residence for the owners of the property.
The Mulla Villa homestead itself was originally an 1840 convict built magistrate’s residence constructed to accommodate the first Police Magistrate to the area, David Dunlop, his wife Eliza Hamilton-Dunlop and their 5 children.
The homestead is constructed of sandstone and stands high on the left hand side of the main road into historic Wollombi when travelling from Sydney.
The Mulla Villa homestead is the Farmstay, offering our guests four spacious bedrooms, all with private facilities and two with spa-bath en-suites. Indulge in a luxurious spa-bath filled with pure, fresh rainwater. With 2 double beds and 1 single, whether you’re a solo traveler or looking to treat your family to a weekend, we can accommodate your needs.
Mulla Villa is unique among other guesthouses, set on 100 acres of tranquil bush land with numerous bush walks through the surrounding natural rain forest and working farmland.
* Explore the caves and see abundant flora and fauna.
* Stay the night or the entire weekend in our fresh new Farmstay that sleeps five people.
* Relax on the verandah and enjoy the views as you watch the world go by.
* Spend some time with the alpacas, or hang out with the other animals.
* From paddocks to creek banks, steep hills to rainforests and into the caves, Mulla Villa has plenty of space for you to explore nature.
* Home to an abundance of native wildlife, catch a glimpse of the kangaroos and wombats out for their evening dining experience.
* Visit our gift shop and purchase a ball of 100% pure alpaca wool made from our very own alpacas.
* Go bush-walking or negotiate the 4 wheel drive track to the caves.
* If you’re an early riser, wake up early to enjoy a morning stroll and catch sight of the nocturnal animals, such as kangaroos and wombats making their way home.
The owners live onsite, yet respect the privacy of our guests at all times. If you’d like some privacy or don’t want to be disturbed during your stay, not a problem!
Alternatively, if you need anything during your visit our office is a short stroll down the hill from the Farmstay. Generally, there is always someone available who can assist with any of your needs.
Mulla Villa is open to the public for tours of the convict holding cells by appointment only.
Mulla Villa, a beautiful place to stay in Hunter Wine Country.
All of the above!
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.