Wine, Beer & Spirits Tour inside a winery or vineyard
Have you ever wanted to see behind the scenes and see how your favourite Hunter Valley wines start from grapes and end up in your glass?
Here is a list of businesses offering tours of their wineries and vineyards.
On occasion our wineries may be super busy and may not be able to conduct tours. Please check with them prior to visiting.
Businesses offering tours of their winery and vineyard:
DAILY WINERY TOURS
- 7 Days: McGuigan Wines, Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour 12pm, 45 mins, $5, POKOLBIN 4998 4111, Enclosed shoes required / No children under 14 years / Please confirm tour availability during vintage.
- 7 Days: Tyrells Wines, Please arrive 10 minutes prior to tour 1030am, 60 mins, $10, children free, POKOLBIN, 4993 7028, Dress appropriately for an outdoor walking tour.
- Monday - Friday: Iron Gate Estate, 15 minute tour with tasting during the hours of 10am - 4pm, $20, POKOLBIN 4998 6570, subject to staff resources.
- 7 Days: Audrey Wilkinson, Prior booking required, $120pp, POKOLBIN, 4998 1866, Meet our winemaking team for a behind the scenes tour of the wine making process conducted in our working winery followed by VIP tasting and cheese platter.
- 7 Days: Brokenwood Wines, Prior Booking required, 10:30am and 2:00pm, 90 minutes, POKOLBIN, 4998 7559, Enclosed shoes required, Children under 18 are free.
- 7 Days: Mount Pleasant Wines, Prior booking required, 1030am, 45 mins, $5pp week days, free at weekends, POKOLBIN, 4998 7505 , Enclosed shoes required/ Children allowed (conditions apply). Learn about the life story of Maurice O'Shea.
- 7 Days: Tamburlaine Organic Wines, Please call in advance, Time by arrangement, 90mins, Please Call 4998 4200, POKOLBIN, Enclosed shoes required / Children free / Organic Winery / Exclusive wines to cellar door. Insight into the operation of a working winery / tour package available
- 7 Days: Hermitage Road Cellars & Winery, Please call in advance, 9am, 45mins, $10, POKOLBIN, 4998 7777, Vineyard inspection and cellar door tour.
- Fri, Sat & Sun: Briar Ridge, ‘Walk between the Vines’ Vineyard Tour, Bookings essential, 1:30pm, $15pp maximum 20ppl, MOUNT VIEW, 4990 3670. Take a walk between the vines at Briar Ridge Vineyard this Spring / Summer.Located onsite at our picturesque cellar door in Mount View, this unique and informative tour will take you through our Shiraz vineyard, one of the classic varieties of the Hunter Valley. Enjoy a free glass of our popular Varietal Series wine as you stroll through the vines and learn about the lifecycle of a vineyard, the importance of terroir, viticultural techniques and regional variation. Your complimentary Briar Ridge picnic tumbler is also yours to keep.
- Fri, Sat & Sun: Margan, Bookings Essential, 10.30am - 12pm, $10pp, BROKE, 6579 1317. Winery tour & tasting.
- Fri, Sat & Sun: Margan, Bookings Essential,10.30am, $110pp, BROKE. Tour of vineyard, garden and winery, wine flight with olives followed by 3 course a la carte lunch (wine additional).
- Fri, Sat & Sun, Margan, Bookings Essential, 10.30am, $130pp, BROKE. Tour of vineyard, garden and winery, wine flight with olives followed by 5 course degustation lunch (wine additional).
- Fri, Sat & Sun: Whispering Brook, Bookings Essential, Time by arrangement 10:30am-3pm, 75min, $10pp (kids free), BROKE, 9818 4126/ 6579 1386. Tutored tour of the vineyard, olive grove and winery followed by tasting.
- 7 Days: Hunter Wine Theatre, Please call in advance 4998 7777, 11am & 2pm, 1 hour, $10, POKOLBIN, 4998 7777, Experience the unique wine theatre - Wine making journey from picking to pouring followed by wine appreciation / tasting.
- 7 Days: Hunter Wine School, Booking essential, 9am - 11am, 2 hours, $50, POKOLBIN, 4998 7777 Sip, Taste, Discover & Graduate - two hour master class from pruning, picking and bottling. Wine certificate
- 7 Days: Tulloch Wines, Discover and Explore, 45 minutes, $20, POKOLBIN, 4998 7580. A wine journey discovering and exploring new and emerging wine varieties and styles from around the world.